Friday, May 23, 2014

Escape to Florida

Once my spring semester was over we packed up and headed south for a visit.  Literally, 12 hours after my semester ended.  It was Finn's first visit to Daideo's and Cookie's and, man, did he have a great time!!  We had a beautiful, relaxing week.  What we learned is that we definitely have a water baby.  We were in the pool once a day.  We bought him a floaty that he could sit in without being held thinking he would love some independence in the water....nope.  He was bored!  He wanted to be out, kicking and splashing, thank you swim lessons!  As always he did great on the flights, what a great little traveller we have!  While in Florida we got to visit the zoo, which has the coolest thing.  You can feed the giraffes!!  How cool is that??  So, of course, Finn fed the Giraffes.  I was curious to see how he reacted but in true Finn fashion, he just stared it down and didn't even flinch.  Ellis has decided that we need a dog, since seeing how well he handles them and how excited he gets being around them.  Too bad our cat doesn't feel the same way ;)  Next up...first beach trip!!!  I wasn't sure what to expect from him.  I know he loves the water but the beach is a little different, and I know some kids aren't too fond of the sand.  Turns out, he's a total beach bum!!  He LOVED being in the water, Daideo found lots of cool things to show him (star fish, sand dollars, etc) and loved the sand just as much.  But something we learned about sand...once it hits the mouth, there's no getting it out, and all he wanted to do was eat it!

So, here are some pictures from the trip.

Getting in some Daideo play time
He even got his feet wet
Then it was time for some Daddy surfing
And splashing....boy loves to splash!
But after the pool, your hair gets a little wonky.  But he makes it look good!
Time to feed the giraffes
Mommy's turn
Got to celebrate my first Mother's Day with this sweet boy!
Learning all about playing in the sand from daddy
Of course we needed a family beach picture

PS: WAY back in March we visited Arkansas.  There will be a post, I promise.  I took so many pictures and am still working on going through them.  It's coming fam, I promise, I have not forgotten you!  There is also a 9 month one coming (probably combined with 10 mo, so keep an eye out)

No comments:

Post a Comment