Monday, March 30, 2015
Ode to bunny
So much for keeping up with things. Time really has flown so far this year. My schedule has been outrageous and now here we are...wrapping it all up! I do think about the blog quite a bit, and try to remind myself to take just 5 minutes and write down ideas for posts and something inevitably gets in the way, I suppose that's life. I keep telling myself I'll be better about it when I have a 'normal' schedule but is there really such a thing? Maybe we'll call it a more predictable schedule...I think that's a little better.
Anyway, so a little catch up if you're interested. I'm 2 weeks away from finishing my internship which just seems crazy to me. This means the great job search has begun. It's crazy to look at some postings and think to myself "why on earth would anyone think I'm at all qualified to do this?" but apparently I am so I'm going with it! Once I'm done with working, it's on to studying for my licensing exam, because apparently people want you to be licensed for this work. A few weeks later school wraps up and then graduation. And then......blank....right now everything past May 15 is just big, wide open space and as much as I struggle with it, I'm OK with that for now. I look forward to spending 5-6 wks with my little man...at least right now I do. Check back with me about 3 weeks in and you may hear a different story...
Now, back to what this is really about...Bunny!!
Anyone who has spent any real time around Finn has most definitely been introduced to Bunny, if not, catch a peek of him here. He was a part of Finn's Easter basket last year due to peer pressure from my mommy group (and the fact that he just looks so darn cuddly) and has been glued to him ever since. Bunny has been, hands down, one of the most memorable parts of this past year. I can count on one hand the number of naps/bedtimes that he has not been present for. He is by far the greatest teether ever, I mean, those poor ears have been through so much! And poor guy even catches the brunt of Finn's frustrations, as he's often thrown from the crib when someone doesn't want to sleep. But he's still here and loyal. He is still drug around the house, carried by his ear clenched in Finn's teeth, and snuggled when a certain little fella is sleepy or not feeling well. He's the perfect size to be squeeze through the slats in the crib, which is often the case at bedtime because he has to be present, cuddled, and chewed on during story time, I mean, how can he not?! Finn still insists most days that Bunny join us when we head downstairs after nap, usually to be left on the floor for another, usually more exciting toy, but it's OK, I think Bunny understands. :o) Bunny also taught Finn how to find things, a regular saying in our home is "where's Bunny?" when it's time for bed or nap; which is now often followed by a shoulder shrug and a "I dunno!", even though he's standing right in front of him, although the second he's spotted it's always followed with a big grin, laugh, and run to grab him! I always thought how wonderful it would be for our kids to have a fun, floppy, barely stitched together 'friend' to pull out of a box at some point in the distant future to reminisce on (cheesy much?), and now he does; which was completely unplanned. We've even discussed buying a back up Bunny in the event that this one is lost or falls apart but I just can't bring myself to buy an 'imposter' Bunny, because there's just not another one like him out there. So as we get ready for the Easter Bunny to visit again I wanted to take a few minutes to wish our Bunny a very happy 1st anniversary in the O'Briant family, you have been sincerely loved and appreciated!
No Bunny has ever been more loved...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment