Monday, December 5, 2011

Why not

I created this blog about a year ago knowing that when we got pregnant I wanted a place for our family and friends, who all happen to be scattered around the country, to come to keep updated on the pregnancy, and later the baby.  Unfortunately, the whole baby making process has been slightly more lengthy than we anticipated, so this blog has just sat...blank...mocking me.  So I figured, even though no one will get to read it for a while, I might as well start using it so that everyone knows (and we don't forget) what we've dealt with and gone through to get to that baby.

So, let's get started.  Basically we're starting month #16 of trying for baby OB.  The first year was really slow going, my reproductive system didn't seem to want to cooperate.  So I was referred to the fertility specialist who has had me on medication for the past three months to kind of help things along, still nothing.  So, this month Ellis and I both get to have slightly more invasive tests done just to rule out any problems we may not know about.  We're taking this month off from the medication, because, really, who needs MORE stress and pressure for Christmas?  Not me!

So that's where we are.  I sincerely hope that everyone gets to read this sooner than later, because that means there's a little OB cooking.  Ellis and I are so ready and so excited to have a little us crawling around, and we can't wait to share this with you all!  Although it's been such a long, stressful, and all around emotionally draining experience, we both know that in the end it will be well worth it when we have a sweet little one to hold and care for!

No comments:

Post a Comment