Sunday, February 3, 2013

Holy baby stuff Batman!

Our Saturday night consisted of putting a dent in the baby registry, which was a lot tougher than I expected.  Don't get me wrong I have been in BabiesRUs more times than I'd like to admit, picking out what I'd want when our time came.  But no trip has ever been as overwhelming as this trip became as soon as Ellis was handed the scan gun.  And, trust me, he's not just trigger happy with regular guns, all I had to do was point to something and say "what do you think?" and he was ready to scan (too bad he's not this eager when I'm clothes or shoe shopping)!

I've been around plenty of babies and children over the years and was pretty sure I was well prepared for all of the little things we'd need but it seems like so much more when you're starting with nothing.  I can't imagine how I must of thought everyone else got their stash, did it just magically appear one day?  Did the Stork drop off an extra care package when he left the baby?!  I mean really, what WAS I thinking?  And when did the list of things needed to keep a baby alive become SO long?!  OK now I'm just in rant mode but really, can we discuss the Wall-O-Bottles?  Is there a need for the selection of 500+ bottle types, styles, and brands?  How do you possibly choose?  Thank goodness for online reviews to guide me through most of these things!

WHEW!  Deep breath, OK I feel better!  On another note, I just wanted to say that Ellis and I feel so very blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in our lives who have all been SO positive and supportive!  We love you all and can't wait to see what the coming months bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment