![]() |
| Sorry, I just can't look at this without laughing, must be that sleep deprivation |
I feel like all I do lately is try to play catch up to my to do list, it seems to be growing faster than I can keep up. I guess I should just get used to that feeling though, huh? I've had posting on here on my list for weeks and it just hasn't gotten done, I've had tons of thoughts and even started posts 2 or 3 times but always get interrupted and have to come back to it. So I finally have a few minutes, actually if I look at nanny information, birth class info, and to do lists any longer my head will explode. I need a mental break!
So we are in the home stretch, have officially entered the third trimester and seventh month, and I suddenly feel the pressure to get everything done! I wouldn't let myself think about it all until now, I knew that the week after school ended we'd be in Arkansas for a week so I just told myself I'd deal with it all when we got back. This would explain my lack of sleep the night we got home, just a constant stream of things we need to do and panic. Panic that my poor baby won't have any clothes or that the nursery won't be done in time or our bags won't be packed for the hospital when he/she decides to get here and so on. The anxiety has officially set it and what fun it is! Fortunately we have this weekend to ourselves and it's a long one so the nursery will most definitely be finished before it's over which will definitely ease my mind a ton. We currently have baby things scattered all over the house (a rocker, 2 pack and plays and a tub full of things in the living room, a bouncy in the dining room, stroller/carrier in our room, etc) because the nursery is chaos until we can get it set up. I hope that come Monday I feel much better.
On top of that, I plan to have the nanny ad posted by Friday which is a whole other set of emotions. Our accountant has suggested that we take the 'legal' (taxed) route, which is OK with me because it means we can deduct those expenses when we file, however, I had no idea how incredibly complicated it would be. Not to mention just the idea of having to interview and pick someone to stay with our little one 2 full days a week when they're still so little. It just breaks my heart that this is our only option, although I know lots of people do it and it's the best for our family, it's still so hard to picture a stranger with our baby so soon. Thankfully I will only be 5 miles away those two days and should be able to come home on lunch breaks to check in. And as much as I hate spending my Saturdays in class all day, I love the idea that Ellis will get so much one on one daddy time those first few months, and although he doesn't show much emotion, I think he secretly likes that idea too!
In happier news, we had a wonderful trip to Arkansas. I had a wonderful shower (thanks sister!) and got to celebrate this little one with so many friends and family who are just as excited as we are to meet this little lady/fella. The boy/girl predictions have begun to roll in, so far the consensus is boy given heart rate (120s/130s) and how low he/she's sitting. Although I'm pretty sure my lack of abdominal muscles prior to getting pregnant might play a small role in where this little one is. Either way he/she is having a good time moving around in there, Ellis has finally started getting kicked in the back at night, which I'm sure he's loving.
Alright, alright enough catch up, I've got a list to get back to (BAH!). But please enjoy Ellis' brief country boy moment, apparently he's quite the fisherman and thoroughly enjoyed his time at the pond.


No comments:
Post a Comment