Saturday, June 22, 2013

Hitting the home stretch

Yet again I'm falling behind in keeping things updated, guess I should get used to that huh?  The past few weeks have been busy busy, this is our first weekend obligation free in a while, which has been  nice...too bad I'm too tired to do much of anything productive.  Today marks 34 weeks, which means little one is chunking up and making every day tasks a little more difficult.  Thankfully we've had some great distractions to focus on.

Our wonderful Maryland friends threw us a pretty rockin' shower a few weeks ago with our MD friends and MD & VA family.  It's been so great to get to see everyone at our showers and catch up!  I can't wait for Lil OB to meet all of these wonderful people who are so anxious to meet him/her! 


Just some fun shots from the shower, I'm pretty sure we've decided Baby O will be a cheesy goofball...see top left photo.  :o)

And if that wasn't enough fun for one week, the following weekend was Ellis's graduation.  What a wonderful day that was; nice weather, beautiful setting, great friends and family.  Not too shabby!


Obviously I'm having fun with an online picture collage maker, aren't they great?!  :o)

This past week I got to see little one's heart in all it's glory during an echo-cardiogram, apparently it's normal now for IVF babies.  Either way, we have a perfect little baby heart that looks just like it's supposed to.  We also got to take a little peek at this little lady/fella at 32 weeks, so far this baby is perfectly healthy and growing right on track!


The ultrasound tech called this the O'Briant pose just because at the exact moment baby was positioned this way, Ellis was leaned back with an arm over his head (his 'comfy' position).  I can't look at it without thinking about some body builder flexing his muscles.  Either way, we love seeing that little face!!  I have one more OB appointment to go before I start weekly appointments....yikes!  We're definitely closing in on baby time.  Guess I better get myself together and finish up all the little things I've been putting off, like that hospital bag!  Coming up...4th of July (probably an indoor affair for this lady this year) and baby class at the hospital, should be a good time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment