Friday, August 2, 2013

So close, and yet....

Clearly it's time for an update and considering this might be my last shot at giving one while still pregnant I figured today was the day!  I've had lots of post ideas running around in my head, I've just not found the time, energy, and/or need to get them down.  I'm so bad at this! 

So here we are...one day shy of 40 weeks and this little one has made no real effort to break out.  I suppose I've made staying in far too attractive of an option, guess I'll have to change that!  Thankfully, I've gotten just about all I wanted to finished, so we're just waiting on this Lil OB to come on!  We've both been having nightly talks about how much better things are on the outside and when those little baby feet get to poking out I like to remind him/her how much more room they'll have to kick around but, as I expected from our child, he/she doesn't seem to listen well.  So far all of his/her Arkansas cousins are out and at home, I always knew this one would take their time.  In all honesty, if not for the fact that I have to go back to school and start interning in all of 4 1/2 weeks I wouldn't care, I'd be happy to let this baby hang out in there as long as they decided to.  I know I'm going to miss all the rolls, kicks, stretches, and hiccups when this baby is here.  The past few days have been a little bittersweet for me, I'm so excited to meet this baby and to be able to put a face/name to all those inside moves but I'll definitely miss having him/her all to myself!

So...while we (im)patiently wait on little one, enjoy some fun things we've been doing.

We were fortunate to come across a photographer on base giving away free maternity sessions so we figured why not give it a try, since I turned out to not be nearly as whale like as I had envisioned I'd be.  Turns out the pictures were way better than we expected!  We're still waiting on the prints/disc to come in (it's a race at this point, what will happen first?  Baby or pictures?) but until then I made a little collage from what she posted on Facebook.


We also managed to get the nursery finished, well as finished as it can be without the pictures and baby to complete it...but there is a cat, that's got to be good for something, right?





Niellei has definitely laid claim to the rocker, she spends at least 75% of her time in that spot, and probably another 10% in various other places in the nursery.  I hope she still likes it as much when there's a baby in there!  

And lastly, just for fun, I thought I'd collage some belly pictures.  Sadly I didn't keep up with them the way I should have, again due to that whale like feeling I thought I'd have.  And since there wasn't even a noticeable belly until after 20 weeks I didn't get many.


I will say, I remember taking the picture at 23 weeks, it was my first official shopping trip for maternity clothes, and I thought, "Oh my God I'm HUGE!"  Funny how that happens.  I have no doubt that there will be a 40 week picture to update with tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment