Saturday, December 7, 2013

Gobble Gobble Gobble

Well folks we've officially passed the threshold where everything for the year is nothing but downhill...and quick!  Thanksgiving!


 I have so much more to be thankful for than I can begin to put into words, but I'll give it a go.  I'm thankful for...

- Tiny hands that hold my fingers tight when it's time to eat or sleep
- Toothless grins and senseless chatter first thing in the morning
- Being able to watch my sweet baby grow and learn, there's nothing better than watching as he discovers something new
- Being able to hold my precious boy, rock him to sleep, kiss him all over, and all the other wonderful things I'm able to do that so many mommies and mommies in waiting, for whatever reasons, aren't
- Watching the man that I've known for almost 15 years become a more amazing and loving father than I ever could have imagined
- A husband who does and sacrifices so much for his family to ensure that we have the best possible life and opportunities
- Family and friends who are always there and have welcomed our new little guy with open arms
- All of the countless other blessings, and trials and disappointments, in my life, for everything has it's purpose.

K, enough mush.  So...how did Finn spend his first Thanksgiving?  Well on the road, like any good American, of course :o)  We drove up to Connecticut to visit Ellis' family/friends and show off our handsome fella.  He did such a great job traveling (phew!).  Good to know since we've got quite a few trips on the books through May.  Hopefully he flies as well as he rides, we'll see in January!

Now, what you've all been waiting for...pictures!!!

I forgot the chalkboard at home so we improvised...it says "This little turkey says Happy Thanksgiving!"


We have a wonderful nanny who made this super cute onesie for him with his own little footprints!
Finally got to rock the teddy bear...I don't think Ellis got the memo that it was COLD!
Finally got to meet Gram...
...and hang out with the rest of the fam!
Got to chat up Daideo and Cookie for a while

Whatchu talkin'bout?!

And had some story time with Gramma
Apparently this is what happens when you eat too much turkey...or have a baby that doesn't allow you to sleep
We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We're so thankful to have you all in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment