Friday, March 7, 2014

7 months

Oh my goodness, this boy is growing so fast!!  We're officially on the down hill slope to 1 year!  Ahh!!


Our sweet fella is 7 months old; and what a month it's been!  Since last month...he crawls, he pulls himself up on just about anything, loves to 'sing' to us (which is usually just a crazy high pitched squeal), and has started to gobble up lots of foods!  So far he's liked everything but those pesky green peas, hopefully we have a good eater on our hands! 

Unfortunately we've spent the month cooped up in the house, thanks to the multiple snow 'situations'.  I know he can't wait to get outside, he's made a habit of standing at the window to see out.  Thankfully I have one more week of school/work before spring break and then we're off to semi-warmer weather (Arkansas) so hopefully we can get this boy outdoors! 

Also this month, he's starting to distinguish between who he knows and who he doesn't.  We've had lots of shy boy moments and also some sleep issues.  For about a week every time Ellis or I tried to put him in the crib to sleep he cried, enter Google (or Dr. Google as I like to refer to it).  Apparently this is normal when they start separation anxiety.  Because of this there's been a rotation of lovies.  We keep one that we've slept with in his crib while we sleep with another and switch every few days so he has our scent.  Believe it or not, I think it's working!!  He still get a little fussy but has been sleeping better and going down easier.  Phew!  This momma was getting TIRED!!

So what kind of adventures do you think month #8 holds?  Hopefully some outside ones, we'll see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment