Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Happy Easter


Our silly bunny says, "Happy Easter!!!"

We hope you all had a wonderful day!  We certainly did!  This little guy slept great, woke up happy, and tore right into the basket that ol' bunny left.  Thankfully we had a beautifully sunny day to work with, which meant after a few errands (some little bunny helped grocery shop, ears and all), we decided to get outside!  Ellis' favorite place to go on a nice day is the nursery to daydream about landscapes, whatever makes you happy I guess ;)  Thankfully there's a great park, that no one is ever at, on the way so we packed a picnic and headed out for the afternoon.  Man does this little guy love to swing!!  We also took a little trip to the mall Easter bunny (because you kind of HAVE to do that with a little one don't you?).  We were both a little concerned about how he'd react to being handed over to a giant, typically creepy, rabbit, but he did a great job!  Santa went well so we had hope but he's since entered his 'stranger danger' phase and he's become very particular about who he'll go to, surprisingly he was just very interested in what that big, furry thing was!

In other news, summer is almost here...at least for school!  My last day of internship was today (woo hoo!).  Although I'm looking at two summer classes, it'll be a breeze compared to the last 8 months.  Also, Finn has decided that growing one tooth at a time is just too slow for him so, we have 4 top teeth coming all at once.  Poor guy has been a mess the past few days!  I'm so ready for them to just grow!!

So, do you want to hear a cheesy Easter story?  I know you're dying to, aren't you?  Alright you twisted my arm.  So...see that bunny up in that picture?  That is Finn's Hunny Bunny, and I'm so excited he has one!  Many years ago (yes, many) before Ellis and I were 'official' we had a joke between the two of us that involved us being hunny bunnies (he was mine, I was his...I told you it was cheesy).  So, that Easter I bought the cutest bunny I could find and sent to him, it was the first gift either of us had ever given the other.  So, a few weeks later I got a bunny too.  Ellis went to Build a Bear and made me a bunny.  Inside he put a St Michael pendant he always wore and said that it was so "I'd always have part of him with me" (CHEESE!)  So needless to say, these bunnies have been a big part of our relationship, they always come out if one of us is gone; and mine got a lot of sleep time during Ellis' time in Texas and Mississippi.  So...we thought it only fitting that Finn had his own Hunny Bunny, which is appropriately named Honey Bunny from the manufacturer :o)  So...now anytime Ellis tries to come off like this big, tough, manly guy just know he's got a super soft, squishy inside.  It doesn't peek out often but it's there ;)

Aren't you glad you know that now?  Ok, enough of that...onto the pictures!!

Just hangin' with The Bunny
Of course I took a picture of his first Easter basket (books, bath toy, stuffed animals, flip flops, shades, and his super cute Easter onesie!!)
Picnic time
Our sweet little monster

Just a swingin'


FYI:  Clearly the autocorrect on the Mac dislikes me as much as on my phone because it's been randomly changing words/sentence structure.  I swear I'm not an idiot ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment