Friday, August 8, 2014

1 YEAR down...


Believe it or not, it's here!!  A whole year has come and gone since our sweet boy came into the world.  I can't believe it's already here!  When did he get SO big?  I've been so behind on monthly updates so let's just get a few out of the way.  This kid walks, well runs almost at this point.  He climbs everything in sight.  He LOVES to dance, and will search out toys that play music so he can dance along.  He tells the greatest stories and loves to sit and 'read' his books.  Most days he's the happiest little person ever, all grins and giggles!  I look at him daily in disbelief that he's mine, how did I get so lucky to be his mommy?  He's taught me so much this past year, I only hope I'm able to return the favor.  I pray I'm half as good a mommy as he deserves, but I know that no other mommy would love him as much as I do!

Alright, enough mush...so...how did we celebrate this momentous occasion?  With a party of course!  There were so many people who came to celebrate our boy's big day.  We're so blessed to have so many people who love and care about him in our lives!  Get ready....here come the highlights...

Looks can be deceiving...this boy is NOT a fan of cake, but he does like fish faces!

This curious little man got some serious play time in with his car

Baby face!

Of course there were gifts!  By the way, Crocs are a little terrifying!
So with all that party fun, how on earth were we going to top it on his actual birthday?!  Well we thought it was about time this little one finally got to visit the aquarium!  

Someone was a little tired, and Finley looks sleepy too :)

Family photo in the mirrors!

Snack time!
We even got in a little play time before heading home...

And after a fun afternoon it was time for dinner and bath.  We decided a first birthday was the perfect time to introduce Finn to the wonder that is bubble baths!  It took him a few minutes but he warmed up to them pretty quickly!


It's so hard to believe that a year ago we were just meeting this crazy boy, I feel like I've he's been a part of our lives forever.  I'm so proud of the sweet boy he is and can't wait to see all the amazing things he does and how he grows.  I fear we have our hands full with this one, but I can't imagine life any other way.   I will leave you with this...a visual growth chart of the last year.  What on earth will we do with the infamous orange chalkboard now?!

No comments:

Post a Comment