This past weekend was our 5th wedding anniversary (seriously, where do the years go?), which was a little bittersweet for us. It was wonderful to think back on and celebrate our wonderful wedding ("I'm pretty sure I was eating leftover Cheesecake Factory at this time 5 years ago"), but it was also sad to think that if you had asked us both back then, we would have painted a far different life for ourselves than we're living. But I suppose anyone could say the same.
Because of all that's going on, the fact that this was our first weekend anniversary, and we haven't really been able to properly celebrate any anniversary to this point, we decided we needed to get away! We've been dying to try on the far most western part of the state, way out in the mountains, and so we went! And we had an amazing time, which was exactly what we needed. I'm always so gratefully shocked (in a good way) that when we're able to get away just the two of us, how much fun we have! I'm pretty sure if you had also asked me on my wedding day I would have laughed at the idea of spending our anniversary playing mini golf and arcade games but it was perfect! We stayed at a beautiful little inn and can both honestly say that every single experience of the weekend exceeded our expectations! (Wow that's a lot of exclamation points!)
 |
| Our beautiful home away from home for the weekend, Carmel Cove Inn |
 |
| Breakfast on our private deck |
|
 |
| We even had champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting when we checked in! |
|
 |
| The view from our room, Ellis was in heaven! |
|
 |
| Horse back riding in the mountains? Well of course! |
 |
| Some views from our riding trail |
|
 |
| Views from our dinner |
|
 |
| Happy 5 years to my wonderful husband!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment