What does it mean to be a strong person? To me, the notion of a strong person meant someone who, when faced with a situation that would cause anyone else to crumble, they stand tall and honestly believe, with no doubt or fear, they will make it through. That...is strength!
I've been told multiple times over the past few months how strong I am for going through what we've gone through. But I don't feel strong. I'm by no means standing tall, in fact a lot of days I'm barely hanging on. Most days are a tight rope walk on a fine line between barely holding it together and a complete breakdown. In fact, lately, I've been living in a state of denial, it's the only way I've been able to make it through the day. Because as soon as something comes along to remind me of what we're up against I fall apart all over again. How is this strength? I feel like I'm the complete opposite, I feel about as weak as they come. I only choose to keep on because the only other option is to give up completely, which is really not an option at all.
Fortunately, throughout this whole experience I've had Pinterest which is full of ridiculously cheesy quotes, scriptures, and sayings that actually make me feel so much better (if you don't know what Pinterest is....seriously, come out from under that rock!). Here are a few of my favorites...










No comments:
Post a Comment