So, it's been awhile since my last update, and as much as I want to say we've just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to update the fact is that I've just been too lazy. We have, however, made progress.
A couple of weeks ago Ellis underwent his part of this equation...the TESE. I'd like to say that everything was successful and we're ready to go as planned, but not quite. We are still able to proceed as planned and we do have sperm frozen and waiting, however, the sperm we have isn't exactly what we were hoping for. Turns out that Ellis' problem isn't Cystic Fibrosis (great news!) but a developmental issue. This means that while we have sperm, the doctor wasn't able to get the number or quality sperm that he was hoping for. According to the doctor 1 vial of sperm contains somewhere in the millions, where as ours probably contain closer to 300,00 or so. So, while the TESE wasn't exactly what we expected, the overall status is successful, we do have sperm!
So step one of this whole process is down and Ellis' part is over. Now step two, insurance. Fortunately, that should also be taken care of in a couple of weeks. Which leads us to step three...IVF!! I'm waiting on a call back from my doctor to get the ball rolling!
I'm super excited, but also trying to not get too attached to the idea that this is all happening just yet. So fingers crossed and prayers going up that October is our month!
And since I was the transport for the sperm from the OR to the lab, I decided to snap a pic en route.....
Hopefully one of these lil guys will become our lil OB!
AND if all of this wasn't enough, I started grad school last week. Yep, Ellis made me apply since I was chronically unemployed and, turns out, they let me in. So, it should be a fun year, sarcasm implied!
No comments:
Post a Comment