More like just lining up at the 'start' gate. We visited the doctor, met the nurses, got the insurance lined up, and are scheduled for IVF class next week!! Yep, you heard right, IVF class. Apparently there is a 2 hour 'course' we have to take before starting our cycle that outlines the calendar/scheduling and mixing of meds and injections (sounds like quite the party huh?)
And while, Oct 1 came and went with no big hoopla of IVF planning (that's right, I just said 'hoopla') I'm just happy that we're on the track. It will probably be a couple of weeks before we're really underway in the whole process (turns out the monthly cycle that I never seem to get decided to show up
the week before our appointment, which means we now get to wait 3 weeks
to induce another cycle to start everything, thanks Aunt Flo!!) but that's OK. I'm using this time to meet with acupuncturists, apparently this helps tremendously with a successful cycle so I'm trying to find one that's the right fit (a BIG thanks to our resident acupuncture guru, cousin Tina, for the professional advice/opinions). To be honest, I think I'm far more nervous about the acupuncture than the IVF! Although I'm sure that will all change when I've seen first hand the size differential of the needles involved with both (OUCH!).
I'm actually kind of glad that there's a wait, this would have been a terrible week to start, I've been super stressed and in the library all week, literally, writing two papers (first two of grad school, YIKES!) and next weekend we're going to NYC for an interview Ellis has. I think it'll be good to get that all out of the way and be able to mentally sort things out before jumping in.
No comments:
Post a Comment