Monday, February 10, 2014

Two months in one...



I slacked a little, OK...a lot and didn't get the 5 month post up.  But you got all the highlights anyway, first plane trip, new teeth, etc.  Well this past weekend was a big one, 6 months!!  And with 6 months came lots of fun stuff  like solids, shots, and a 6 month growth spurt.  Poor guy.

We spent the weekend with the fussy clone of our sweet boy.  Between new teeth, being overtired from refusing to nap, and (what we can only assume were) growing pains this fella had a rough weekend.  We did manage between the fussiness to work in his first solid feeding!!
First we gave the sippy cup a go...
....then the good stuff, or not so much.
He did a pretty good job, aside from the fact that he was really only interested in chewing on the spoon, so I had to pry it from his hand to get more cereal on it.  Guess we'll have to work on that.  The sippy cup was a pretty good win though, he seems to get the overall hang of it.  Up next, sweet peas!!  Hopefully those go over a little better, not that I blame him.  I probably wouldn't want to eat that cereal stuff either, BLAH!

So after eating came the fun stuff, fussiness.  Poor fella wouldn't sleep until he'd cried himself down a little.  And how do I know we have an Ellis Jr?  The only thing that can calm this fussy fella down is staring out the window, typically while being held.  Come on warm weather, we need to get this boy outside!!  


I can't believe how quickly this little man is growing up!  Pretty soon he'll be crawling (believe me, he's already working on it), he's starting to try and pull himself up, and solid foods are now an every day occurrence.  It's been such an amazing 6 months watching him learn and grow.  It's also been so much fun and so amazing to watch his sweet little personality develop.  What a sweet/silly boy we've got on our hands.  I can't wait to see what the next 6 months bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment