Monday, October 15, 2012

Action packed


Excuse the cheesy picture but this is all I could think of when I came up with the post title!  The last week and a half have been pretty busy around here!  We completed our IVF class, which I think settled our minds and made us more nervous all at once, at least me anyway.  The first half consisted of the basic day by day breakdown and the last....the medications.  This is where it got scary.  There were lots of needles!  All in all, I'm really happy we had to go, I can't imagine getting a box full of meds, needles, and syringes and having no clue what to do with them.

I met with the acupuncturist and was told that I am visibly stressed out and based on the status of the bottom of my tongue (don't ask, I don't know either), she and I  apparently "have a lot of work to do".  So after weighing the cost against the possible benefits we've decided to add acupuncture to our IVF cycle as well.  This should compliment my Yoga for Fertility DVD and IVF meditation mp3 well (this has definitely become a no holds barred procedure).  I'm excited to give it all a try, any excuse to relax a little is fine by me!

During our class we were told that meds should be ordered about 3 weeks ahead of time, since most insurance requires mail order....ummm, I was hoping to start THIS Saturday!  Hmph!  Thankfully, after spending almost two days making phone calls between pharmacies, our insurance (medical, prescription, AND the specialty pharmacy office), and the nurses in the fertility center we've (hopefully) got it all figured out and should (hopefully) have our meds this week!!

So folks, it looks like we're in the home stretch of this part and, God willing, will be able to start everything soon!  I'm super excited and super anxious, guess I'll have to work on that last part. ;)  Hopefully, the next time I write I'll have some good news!  In the meantime, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.  We spent the weekend in NYC, Ellis had an interview there so we made a small vacation of it, so here's a sampling of our trip.

We started in Times Square

The new Freedom Tower

The World Trade Center Memorial, our favorite part of the weekend



Rockefeller Center

We stumbled upon (literally) Radio City Music Hall
Found Zoltar at FAO Schwarz and had our fortunes told

Passed this place a few times (Empire State Building)

M&Ms World

Times Square

Our last stop in SoHo....can you guess my reality TV guilty pleasure?

No comments:

Post a Comment