Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Oh Sandy

Every time I heard the name Sandy on the news my head was filled with this picture of John Travolta! 

The past week we, like most of the East Coast, prepared for what was supposed to be one of the worst storms/hurricanes on record.  Naturally my first day of tests, which required a trip to the doctor's office, happened to be on Monday, when the rain really started picking up.  So I spent the majority of Sunday night sleeplessly praying that I safely made it the 35+ miles to the office and that they would be open, since most everyone else had preemptively closed down on Sunday.  Fortunately, I made it safely through the ridiculous rain and got everything cleared to start injections.  Which means we are officially underway!


All of that in one needle?!  OUCH!!

At this point I'm convinced that any children we have will be plagued with our cursed bad timing for everything!  We've waited since February to get this started and the day I go in for my first round of tests, I have to drive in during a hurricane?!  Seriously?  I suppose I should've seen it coming...  Luckily, the storm seemed to just miss us.  We got a lot of rain and pretty good winds but nothing major.

No comments:

Post a Comment