Friday, March 1, 2013

Front and center

At least we know where this little one sits.  I've had three different Dopplers (listening to the heartbeat) in the last 6 weeks and the last two times this baby has been right up front, as soon as the wand hits my belly we have a heartbeat!  I tried to count it out this time, which is tough, that little sucker is racing!!  If I counted correctly we're in girl range for the old wives tale of heartbeat gender prediction, but just barely.  Since we aren't finding out the sex I'm having a pretty fun time with all those 'tests'  so far we're at about a 50/50 shot, which is where we were to begin with.

Still not much in the way of movement, I've had a few swishes (seriously it's been like an aquarium in my stomach).  And possibly a couple of kicks but right now they're few and far between.  Since finding out that this little one's ears work, Ellis has taken to calling the poor thing Baba Ganoush (our poor child will be scarred from birth!).  We're still kicking around names, so far we've narrowed down to two boys and two girls, so much for the gender neutral name we had hoped for.  That's basically it in the way of updates...  Our house is a wreck, the attempt to clean out the 'nursery' has failed miserably, leading to a hallway that can barely be walked through, guess what we'll be doing this weekend.  And I'm officially sick of the cold!  This momma needs some warm sunshine!  Where's spring break already?

No comments:

Post a Comment